Not able to get to Fort Collins?

Not able to get to Fort Collins?

If the trip to CSU just couldn’t happen and you are in southeast Colorado, there’s good news. CHSPA is coming to you!

No matter the medium you work in – newspaper, yearbook, online, video – we invite you to our first-ever Southern Colorado Media Day. Spend a day picking up tips, getting inspired and even learning a little about the CSU-Pueblo campus.

Register now for this unique learning opportunity, limited to advisers and no more than four student journalists per school. We have room for a maximum of 50 participants.Your cost is $10 per person. Sessions will focus on topics including press law and ethics, photojournalism, covering the school community, and making the best use of online opportunities to inform, entertain and persuade readers.
Please note that the registration deadline for this event has been extended through Oct. 20. Just contact Jack Kennedy at
You will also get an opportunity to talk with other advisers and student journalists about common issues and concerns. Share some cool ideas! This is not a state convention – this is a conference focused on you, student journalists of southern Colorado. You don’t need to be a member of CHSPA to participate, but we hope you will consider joining the organization that speaks for scholastic journalism in Colorado.