Register now for J-Day 2013 at Mountain Vista HS

Sept. 10, 2013 – Advisers throughout the state should have received a J-Day and CHSPA membership mailing this week containing the registration form for our annual state conference. Due to extensive renovation work on the Lory Student Center at CSU, this fall we are being hosted by Mountain Vista High School in Highlands Ranch, on Friday, Oct. 11.

The good news is that all the features that have made J-Day so popular are back. Last year 1,401 students and 99 advisers attended, and we expect similar numbers this year.

Want an interactive registration form for J-Day? Interactive J-Day Registration Form

You may choose from two options for registration: one with lunch (Subway sandwiches plus chips and drink) and one without lunch included. There will also be some snacks and drinks available through the Mountain Vista DECA club, and students can bring their own lunches, of course.

The registration deadline is Oct. 1, which is particularly important for lunch orders. Payment may be made along with registration or on the day of the conference. We will continue to accept registrations after Oct. 1, but please know that t-shirt and lunch orders may be affected.

T-shirts are for sale and the design is below. All t-shirts are $10, and should be ordered using the J-Day registration form.

And then some t shirt art

Good news is that parking is free and plentiful at the school. There is no school that day in Douglas County, and Principal Mike Weaver and his staff are eager to welcome you to their campus.

The program details are still being finalized, but registration is from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., with the opening ceremony beginning at 8:30, in the school gymnasium. There will be four 45-minute learning sessions, with participants choosing one of those four sessions for lunch.

The day will end with the 1 p.m. Awards Ceremony, during which All-Colorado certificate will be distributed and Best of Show winners revealed. Best of Show entry preparation details can be found here: J-Day Best of Show 2013 instructions. Details about how to use our contest site to upload your entry will be released in the next week or so,  with Oct. 1 the deadline for all uploads.

Everything will wrap up by 2 p.m.