Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Six schools earn vouchers recognizing ONE DAY coverage

Online and video entries dominate our challenge to cover December 6, 2019 in school communities

Erie HS’s Tiger Media earned the top award in this annual coverage competition, which brings a $200 voucher to be used for any CSMA event in 2020. This includes J-Day, as well as Summer Adviser Workshop and reTHINK workshop. Erie received the nod due to the extensive range of coverage the staff put together.

Check out some of their coverage here: design team and rocketry, new restaurant comes to town, holiday decorating safety, state spirit finals coverage, Teens with Wings, the Erie Christmas parade, among other posts.

Five school media programs earned $150 vouchers for their coverage.

Broomfield HS – food in faculty lounge, fire drill, cheers go to state, school tours, and a guest speaker.

Cimarron MS – a video taking the community behind the scenes of their broadcast program

Englewood HS – blood drive on campus, mental health and holidays, and college acceptance excitement.

Overland HS – An array of mostly first person student voices, taking readers to a “day in the life” at Overland.

Rampart HS – a video celebrating pride in the Rampart community

Taken together, all that coverage from our entrants provides an inspiring story of what goes on in our schools on a typical December Friday. It turns out that teaching and learning is going on all the time (even when the general public is not watching).

Congratulations to all our honorees.