Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Summer Adviser Workshop expands to 5 days

Three days just isn’t enough anymore. At least not enough for new advisers to feel comfortable with the toughest job in secondary education.

So the CHSPA Summer Adviser Workshop has grown to five days on the campus of CSU in Fort Collins, and is tentatively scheduled for July 15-19, 2013

The expanded workshop promises a combination of hands-on skill training, development of adviser philosophy, and unit and lesson construction. Instructors Karen Wagner and Adam Dawkins have developed the workshop to concentrate on teaching reporting and writing, learning the basics of InDesign and Photoshop, incorporating WordPress into your program (with a “live” site to practice on), along with plenty of discussion on press law and ethics, editorial policies and staff handbooks, and class organization and management.

In fact, the new Colorado Press Law & Ethics Certification class will be incorporated into the week, and you can earn one hour of graduate credit from Adams State following successful completion of the required work. There will also be several opportunities to earn continuing education credits from Colorado State University or graduate credit from Adams State for this workshop.

It will be the best five days of professional growth you can find, and it’s only $250 (any graduate credits require an additional fee paid to the granting institution). Find out much more by contacting Jack Kennedy at [email protected] or Karen Wagner at [email protected], and watch for additional information on this website. Deadline to register is July 1.