Keep Calm… and Publish!

Your state association offers even more for advisers and students in 2017-18

You have an important job, and few in your school understand just how tough it is.

But CSMA understands and offers a range of support, from curriculum and other teaching resources, to contests for your students, to opportunities for scholarships, to workshops and conferences.

Last school year 212 student media from across the state were members, making us one of the largest state journalism organizations in the nation.

A single membership is $65, and we offer discounts to schools with multiple media joining CSMA. Our critique service alone is worth at least $100.

Membership qualifies your students for our member price ($20) for our state conference, this fall on Oct. 19, on the campus of CSU in Fort Collins, where you and your students can join 1,500 journalists from across the state.

Still not convinced about CSMA membership?

Here’s a quick inventory of what we offer in the coming school year:

• J-Day on Oct. 19 will feature 50+ learning sessions, all designed to inspire you and your staffs to reach new heights this year.
  • In addition to our fall contest, we will be announcing a first-ever coverage contest, just in time to re-energize everyone early in second semester. There will be contests focused on students interested in video, in writing, in yearbook, and in photography. Our focus will be on fun!
  • Our annual Capitol Hill Press Conference, a tradition since 1984, returns on Feb. 26, in the Old Supreme Court Chambers of the State Capitol.
  • Our Winter Thaw, late in January, will return to the CU Boulder campus, with the theme of teaching photojournalism.
  • We offer scholarships to our state journalists of the year, prizes to our Photographer, Designer, Reporter, Broadcast Journalist and Middle School Journalist of the Year, and this year we are partnering with the Dottie Roberts Foundation to offer substantial college scholarships to young women majoring in communications.
  • We offer dozens of individual contests in our Best of Colorado awards, judged in April and back in early May.
  • And our summer All-Colorado critique service gets expert advice from experienced judges back to you in early August.