Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado Student Media Association

CSMA

Colorado advisers, media earn national recognition

Pacemaker Finalists, Rising Stars, and Palmer enjoys magical year

Some highlights from our Facebook page. Like us on Facebook and get all the latest, fastest.

YEARBOOK PACEMAKERS
Yearbook Pacemaker Finalists were announced  for 2013 books, and we are delighted to congratulate “The Prowl,” Powell MS, Littleton, and “Eagle Eye View,” Sierra MS, Parker as being two of the six finalists in the middle school category.

We will also be pulling for “Summit,” Smoky Hill HS, and “The Black & Gold,” Rock Canyon HS, to be named national winners in San Diego on April 12. There are a total of 48 national finalists in the high school categories.

Check out all the finalists at the NSPA site.

PALMER CONTINUES A VERY GOOD YEAR
Congratulations to Sierra Middle School adviser Jed Palmer for being named one of JEA’s Distinguished Yearbook Advisers of the year! He will be recognized this spring in San Diego for this accomplishment. He is also the current CHSPA Adviser of the Year.

YOUNG COLORADO ADVISERS TO BE HONORED
Four Colorado advisers are among 14 chosen for the 2014 Rising Star Award. They are Cory Morlock, ASD20; Jessica Leifheit, Castle View HS; Melissa Larson, Mesa MS; and Adam Dawkins, Regis Jesuit HS.

This award goes to advisers who have not completed six years of work, honoring their contributions and perhaps encouraging them to continue as advisers. All our honorees have done terrific work already, and we look forward to what they and their students come up with in the future.

The Rising Star awards will be presented on April 12 in San Diego, part of the JEA/NSPA Spring National Convention.