CHSPA election results are in

CHSPA election results are in

Justin Daigle, yearbook adviser at Brighton HS, has been selected vice president/president-elect for the Colorado High School Press Association Board in 2011-13. The online election ran for 10 days and closed on May 26, with 47 members casting ballots. Daigle served as secretary on the board in 2009-11.

Joining Daigle on the executive board will be Jessica Leifheit, yearbook adviser at Castle View HS, as secretary, and Kathy Gustad, newspaper adviser from Brighton HS, as treasurer. This is Gustad’s second term as treasurer, while Leifheit is new to the board.

Karen Wagner, yearbook adviser at Eaglecrest HS, was our previous president-elect, and takes over as president on June 8. Carrie Faust, newspaper and yearbook adviser at Smoky Hill HS, served two terms as president and becomes immediate past president.

Six talented advisers ran for our newly created coordinator positions, and the top three vote getters will be appointed to specific coordinator positions during the summer board meeting, June 8-9. It was a very close vote, but the three top vote-getters were: Anastasia Harrison, former newspaper and yearbook adviser at Ponderosa HS (soon to be at Legend HS), Adam Dawkins, newspaper and online adviser at Regis Jesuit HS, and Jill Jones, newspaper adviser at Windsor HS.

Lisa Thies, Columbine HS, Cheryl Crews, The Classical Academy, and Cory Morlock, Academy District 20, were not in the top three.

The three new Coordinator positions are for Advocacy, Education and Outreach.

There were no declared candidates for the newly-created Western Slope Coordinator, and the board hopes to appoint that position soon. There were two advisers who received write-in votes: Darcy Hall, from Palisade HS, and Kathlyne Gaber, from Montrose.